- River Ridge Elementary
Internet Discounts for Eligible Families
Support During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) offers programs to help families struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) and Lifeline programs can be used together and combined with other state and local benefits.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive one monthly service discount and one device discount:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals.
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50).
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Apply for EBB
The Lifeline Program provides up to a $9.25 monthly discount on monthly telephone service, broadband Internet service, or bundled voice-broadband packages purchased from participating wireline or wireless providers.
Apply for Lifeline
If you have questions about the Lifeline application process, call 1 (800) 234-9473 or email LifelineSupport@usac.org.