- Back in School
April 23, 2021: Middle School
Middle School Intramural Activites May 10 - June 18
The Kent School District (KSD) is excited to announce intramural offerings for our middle school students four days a week from May 10 through June 18.
Registration for intramural activities will open during the last week of April for each middle school. Students must be cleared through Family ID and approved by the building athletic director prior to participation.
Here are details and important information for you to know.
- Practice times are from 12:30- 1:45 p.m.
- Students must depart campus by 2:00 p.m.
- Student pick-up is highly recommended, but limited busing may be available.
- There will be multiple units with different activities to choose from.
- Offerings will be based on interest, coach availability, and usable space at each school.
- Activities may be co-ed and there are no cuts or division of junior varsity or varsity teams.
- There will be no competitions/games with other schools.
- Student physicals are recommended, but not required for intramural activities.
- Due to the unique circumstances, there will be no ASB card required for intramurals.
- To maintain participation eligibility during the current semester the student shall maintain daily class attendance and passing grades as established by the WIAA and the KSD.
Possible Intramural Options
- Cross country
- Track and field
- Flag football
- Base games
- Ultimate frisbee
- Backyard games
Register Online Using Family ID
Registration for intramural activities will open during the last week of April. Students must be cleared through Family ID and approved by the building athletic director prior to participation.
- Cedar Heights Family ID
- Mattson Family ID
- Meeker Family ID
- Meridian Family ID
- Mill Creek Family ID
- Northwood Family ID
In accordance with state health guidelines and the WIAA, in-person workout practices/scrimmages are met with a comprehensive list of safety requirements and protocols to be firmly followed. The following are important things to be aware of while involved in activities:
- Advisors and participants will be required to answer a series of screening questions regarding recent health symptoms and close contacts. They will have their temperature checked before being cleared for every practice. It is important for athletes to answer the screening questions truthfully.
- Advisors and participants must always wear a mask while on campus. Masks will also always be worn throughout practice.
- Participants must bring their own water.
- Locker rooms will not be available. Students should plan to wear clothes to school that they can participate in.
- Hand washing and sanitizing will be a regular, required part of your training sessions.
- Bathrooms will be available.
- Parents/Guardians/family members will not be allowed inside our buildings or at our fields. They must remain outside or in their cars. The facilities are only open to student participants, advisors, and school district personnel.