- Back in School
April 18: Preschool Hybrid
Information for Hybrid Learning Preschoolers Returning on April 19
On Monday, April 19, we look forward to welcoming students in our school buildings who have chosen hybrid learning. Please see important information below about returning to hybrid, in-person learning.
Complete a Daily Wellness Screening
- All hybrid students and staff attending school in person are required to answer questions on a daily wellness screening form before entering the building each day to confirm they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and have not had contact with someone who has COVID-19. Students who have chosen to remain in remote learning do not need to complete a daily wellness screening form.
- Find out if your school is using Skyward or a paper form and learn how to complete both.
- Set yourself a reminder to complete this daily before your student(s) arrives at school.
If you forget to complete the form before your child arrives at school or boards the school bus, staff will call home to request a verbal health check or prompt a digital health check.
Health & Safety
- Physical distancing will be practiced between students, staff, groups, or classrooms as much as possible in alignment with public health guidelines.
- Face coverings will be required on both staff and students at all times, except when eating or drinking or for those with a medical exemption with a completed exemption form on file.
- Students and staff are encouraged and provided time to wash/sanitize their hands regularly. Handwashing stations with soap and/or hand sanitizer are available in classrooms.
Meals Not Served at School
- Families who selected the hybrid learning model should plan for their student(s) to eat breakfast before they arrive at school and lunch after they return home from school. A free snack will be provided for all students while they are at school.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle with their name clearly marked on it. Water fountains will not be accessible in school buildings.
We will continue providing free weekly meal boxes to all hybrid learning students, remote learning students, and children ages 0-18. Meal boxes with breakfasts and lunches will be available on Wednesdays from 2:30-4:00 p.m. at the same meal pick-up locations across the district. Please note the new time is 30 minutes later to adjust for hybrid learning. Learn more and find a meal distribution site near you.
School Bus Information
- Bus passes were mailed home to families who selected the hybrid learning model and live in an eligible area for bus transportation.
- View your student’s bus stop, pick-up times, and more in your Skyward account. Follow step-by-step directions for accessing the Busing section in Skyward.
- Buses will load from back to front before school and based on stop location after school. Bus windows will be open to allow for maximum airflow. Bus drivers will disinfect buses twice per day.
If you have questions about your student’s bus stop, please call Transportation at (253) 373-7442.
The Back in School resource has important information and resources for the return to in-person learning, remote learning, and the rest of the 2020-2021 school year in one convenient place.