Common Sense Digital Citizenship Family Tips & Resources
Common Sense Media offers information and resources covering a wide variety of topics having to do with keeping students safe online.
- Family Toolbox: Address important online safety topics and have meaningful conversations with your children about making great choices in their digital lives.
- Family Media Agreement: Use the age-appropriate form to discuss and set expectations for children using media.
- Customizable Device Contract: Set expectations for children using devices at home.
Do you have questions or are you facing a digital dilemma? Common Sense Media Parent Concerns will find age-appropriate guidelines for your family plus videos and articles to help with the tough conversations for topics such as cyberbullying, privacy and internet safety, screen time and social networking sites.
Cyberbullying, Digital Drama & Hate Speech
Digital Footprint & Identity
- Grades K-5: Help Kids Post, Comment, and Upload Responsibly
- Grades 6-12: Help Kids Post, Comment, and Upload Responsibly
Learning with Technology
- Purpose: Discover FAQs, articles and videos for parents helping their children learn with technology.
- Recommendation: Use the Family Toolkit to learn how to help their students learn at home and school with technology.
Media Balance & Wellbeing
News & Media Literacy
- Grades K-5: Help Kids Spot Fake News and Decode Media Messages
- Grades 6-12: Help Kids Spot Fake News and Decode Media Messages
Privacy & Security
- Grades K-5: Help Boost Kids' Safety, Privacy, and Security
- Grades 6-12: Help Boost Kids' Safety, Privacy, and Security
Relationships & Communication
Last Modified on August 25, 2021