New School Boundaries Coming in Fall 2021
More than twelve years have passed since our last boundary change in 2008. Over that period, enrollments have increased and decreased at various schools across our district, student and community demographics have changed, and various educational programs and delivery methods have progressed.
Given these changes, the Kent School District School Board commissioned MGT Consulting Group to evaluate all school attendance boundaries in our district. View the current school boundaries map (may not be accurate for all addresses).
Based on feedback from staff, community survey data, and other data collected, MGT Consulting developed a School Boundary Review Interim Report and presented their findings to the School Board at a work session on December 2, 2020.
A final report will be submitted to the Board in January 2021 and, if approved, will go in effect for the 2021-2022 school year.
- July 22, 2020: Request for Proposal
- August 26, 2020: School Board Awards Contract to MGT Consulting
- October 1-2, 2020: Initial Small-Group Pilot Survey
- October 6, 2020: Notification to KSD Community
- October 2020: Survey Families & Community
- November 2020: Interim Report
- December 2020: Family & Community Engagement Meetings
- January 2021: Final Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to frequently asked boundary study questions.
The family and community surveys have been extended to October 25. Please provide your input by completing a survey.