School Attendance Boundaries
Limited Boundary Changes Approved for 2021-2022
- East Hill Elementary
- Kent Elementary
- Meadow Ridge Elementary
- Neely-O’Brien Elementary
- Panther Lake Elementary
- Scenic Hill Elementary
- Springbrook Elementary
The Board also approved moving forward with converting the current Kent Phoenix Academy/Kent Mountain View Academy building into a middle school to begin in the 2020-2021 school year and for the District to examine educational programming equity, alignment, and continuum of services throughout the District next school year.
All other proposed boundary changes brought forth to the community over the last several months in surveys, community meetings, and board presentations were voted down again, with no timeline of when they would be brought forth again to be discussed by the board. This means there are no current plans to move sixth-graders to middle school, to align school feeder patterns, or to adjust school boundaries to help balance enrollment outside of the schools impacted by the new elementary school.
2020-2021 Boundary Study Timeline
- July 22, 2020: Request for proposal
- August 26, 2020: School Board awards contract to MGT Consulting
- October 1-2, 2020: Initial small-group pilot survey
- October 6, 2020: Notification to KSD community
- October 2020: Survey families and community
- November 2020: Present School Boundary Review Interim Report (PDF)
- December 2020: Hold family and community engagement meetings
- January 13, 2021: Present School Boundary Review Final Report (PDF)
- January 13, 2021: Public Hearing during the regular board meeting
- January 27, 2021: KSD Board did not approve the recommendations in the Final Boundary Review Report at the regular board meeting.
- February 10, 2021: KSD Board approved new boundaries for River Ridge Elementary and preliminary to work at the regular board meeting.
Please email questions and comments to Boundary@kent.k12.wa.us.
Each and every student in our district benefits every day from the resources provided by our voters.
The Kent School Board approved boundary changes to seven elementary schools to support the new school opening in Fall 2021.
The KSD Board will vote on moving forward with proposed boundary changes on January 27.