Facility Use Application Process
Please Read the Kent School District's current Facility Use COVID Guidelines
As of September 7th, masks are required for everyone ages 5+ at outdoor events with 500 or more people, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are strongly recommended (but not required) in crowded outdoor settings of less than 500 people and where people cannot remain at least 6 feet apart.
Masks are not required for outdoor sports of any contact level but are recommended in settings where unvaccinated athletes, coaches, athletic trainers and/or support personnel are in close proximity, such as standing on the sidelines, in a huddle, or sitting in a dugout.
People are not required to wear face coverings while engaged in outdoor training or competition in any type of sport.
All KSD facility visitors and renters must wear cloth face coverings, or an acceptable alternative (e.g., surgical mask or clear face shield with a drape) indoors in accordance with the Secretary of Health’s Mask Order.
Masking is required universally for all spectators attending indoor sporting activities, performances, events and meetings, regardless of vaccination status. Audience members and/or participants should be seated in “family units” and those small groups should be spaced at least 3 feet apart.
For sports team, all coaches and other support personnel in attendance must wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Referees who are fully vaccinated do not have to wear face coverings indoors when actively officiating and running (e.g., basketball). When they are not running, masks are required (e.g., talking with coaches, between quarters). Unvaccinated referees must wear face coverings at all times when officiating.
Facility visitors participating in “High Contact” sports such as Wrestling and Basketball will need to wear a mask at all times.
It is the responsibility of the facility user to follow the COVID regulations provided by the Kent School District.
Outdoor Facility Rentals
We are currently accepting applications for outdoor facility rentals.
- French Field
- Grass baseball fields
- Grass fields
- Turf baseball field
- Turf fields at Kentlake, Kentridge, and Kentwood
- Tennis courts (open for drop-ins now)
- Tracks at French Field, Kentlake, Kentridge, and Kentwood
- Building parking lots
Indoor Facility Rentals Open September 1, 2021
We will be accepting applications for indoor facilities beginning on August 1.
- Performing arts centers
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
Facility Use Application & Approval Process
Our schools belong to our community and are available for rent. Find a description of the types of user groups who may use Kent School District facilities in Board Procedure 4260P, section 2.0.
Our facilities may not be rented for weddings, receptions, parties, or similar events. Application processing may take up to ten days.
Step 1: Contact the School to Check Availability
Contact the school whose facility you are interested in using to check for availability.
Step 2: Complete Required Forms
Applications are now being accepted for outdoor facility rentals on or after April 5, 2021.
Download the application for the type of facility you would like to rent and complete it electronically.
- School Facilities: Facility Use Application (PDF)
- KM Turf Baseball Field: Kent-Meridian Turf Baseball Field Application (PDF)
- Performing Arts Facilities: Performing Arts Center Use Application (PDF)
- Turf Fields Including French Field: Turf Field Use Application (PDF)
Additional forms are or may be required depending on the facility you are applying to rent and must also be completed electronically.
- All rentals: COVID-19 Disclosure & Release Form (PDF)
- Youth athletic rentals only: Head Injury & Sudden Cardiac Arrest Compliance Form (PDF)
Step 4: Submit All Forms to the School
Email your completed forms as attachments to the school's office manager. View the school staff directory for specific contact information.
Your application, forms, and certificate of liability insurance must be submitted to the requested school 10 days prior to the first use of the facility.
Step 5: Wait for Approval
The school's principal will review completed applications.
If your application is approved, the school will forward the application to the Kent School District Athletics and Activities team for further review.
If your application is not approved, the school will return it to you with the reason(s) why.
Approved applications will be reviewed by the Kent School District Athletics and Activities team.
- We will review your application for policy compliance.
- We will determine facility use charges and email you the estimate and confirmation.
With the final authorization of the application, we will send your approved application back to the school and distribute it to our security, operations, and business teams.
According to Board Procedure 4260P, Section 2.0, your organization may be responsible for the facility use rate.
Your organization may also be responsible for utility and labor fees.
- Custodial: A custodian is required for weekend or after-hours use. The rate is $42.25 per hour and must include thirty minutes before your event and thirty minutes after your event.
- Information Technology (IT): An IT specialist may be required or requested. The rate is $55.00 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
- Nutrition Services: Required if you will be using the stoves/oven. The rate is $33.45 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
- Security: A security officer may be required or requested. The rate is $46.60 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
- Utility Fees: A utility charge will be applied when the building's HVAC system is operated on non-school days or after the building’s HVAC system has been set to night operation. The charge for elementary schools is $5.00 per hour, middle school is $7.00 per hour and high school is $8.00 per hour.
The Kent School District requires a Certificate of Liability Insurance with the following requirements:
- $1,000,000 of General Liability.
- Kent School District listed as Additional Insured
- Kent School District listed as the Certificate Holder.
For-profit groups that rent our schools and/or the Performing Art Centers will need $5,000,000 of general liability.
Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, controlled substances, the use of tobacco products, and weapons are prohibited on Kent School District properties.