Strategic Plan Community Conversations
Attend a Community Conversation
Students, families, and community members are invited to learn more about our Strategic Plan update process, and current draft content. Attend one or more community conversation to:
- Watch a brief presentation about our process and current progress.
- Ask questions and provide input or feedback.
- Engage with members of the planning team.
In-Person Events Across KSD
Community conversations about the Strategic Plan will be held in-person in several locations to maximize opportunities for community engagement and participation.
- Saturday, March 11 from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at Birch Creek Community Center
- Thursday, March 16 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Mill Creek Middle School
- Tuesday, March 28 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Cedar Heights Middle School
- Saturday, April 1 from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at Kent Elementary School
- Tuesday, April 4 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Meeker Middle School
- Tuesday, April 18 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Northwood Middle School
- Saturday, April 22 from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at Valli Kee Community Center
- Thursday, April 27 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Mattson Middle School
- Tuesday, May 9 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Meridian Middle School
Community conversations will include food from local businesses or Nutrition Services at no cost to attendees. Childcare and interpreters are available upon request. If you require childcare or interpreter support, please let us know so we can plan the requested accommodations. Your request must be received at least 48-hours prior to the scheduled event.
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled events:
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Sign up for our email list to receive information and updates in your inbox.
- Email StrategicPlan@kent.k12.wa.us with your questions or if you need help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register ahead of time to attend an event?
Will childcare be provided at these events?
Will interpreters be provided at these events?
Will food be provided at these events?
Can I attend more than one event?
Will these events be recorded?