CTE Dual Credit
Earn College Credits for High School CTE Courses
Kent School District (KSD) students in grades 9-12 taking select Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses have the opportunity to earn high school and college credit at the same time.
Colleges award credit based on the high school articulation agreement in place during the year the student completed the course with a grade of “C” or higher. View the current High School Courses earning dual credit.
The student must follow the college’s individual process to apply for dual credit.
Green River College
- Apply for admission to Green River College for free. Once your application is processed you will receive a Green River student identification (ID) number and email address.
- Request an official (sealed) transcript from your high school. Have it mailed to Enrollment Services, Green River College, 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092.
- Complete the Green River College Transcription Request Form (PDF) and email it to email@example.com. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- You will receive a notification in your Green River Email Account after your dual credit courses have been evaluated and transcribed.
- Request an official transcript from Green River. Allow two weeks for processing.
- Apply for admissions via https://admissions.highline.edu/apply/. Once your application is processed, you will receive your Highline Student ID number.
*Highline Student ID number is required in order to process your dual credit request. Please allow 24-48 hours to process your online application and generate your student ID number.
- Earn a grade of “C” (2.0) or better in all courses completed under the articulation agreement.
- Submit your official High School transcript by email to Rickitia Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail it to:
Academic Affairs - Dual Credit Program
P.O. Box 98000
2400 S. 240th St.
Des Moines, WA 98198
- Fill out this Dual Credit Request form for Highline College.
Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your dual credit request.
Renton Technical College (RTC)
Request dual credit through Renton Technical College (RTC) within two years of high school graduation.
- Apply for admission to Renton Technical College for free. Once your application is processed, you will receive an RTC student identification (ID) number.
- Request an official (sealed) transcript from your high school. Have it mailed to Joyce Nicholas, Renton Technical College, 3000 NE Fourth Street, Renton, WA 98056.
- Complete the RTC Dual Credit Student Request Form. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
If you have questions about the CTE dual credit process at RTC, please email Faye Watanabe at email@example.com.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Sign up for an eligible high school class(es) through standard high school registration process.
- While enrolled in the eligible course, student to register with PNWCC online in the CTE Dual Credit Enrollment & Reporting System: www.CTESERS.org
- Prior to June 15th deadline, student shall pay a $50 non-refundable consortium fee to PNW College Credit;
Fee is payable online at PNWcollegecredit.org/PAY or by check/money order.
Fee waivers are available for those who require financial assistance. Fee is subject to change.
- In order to earn credit, students must:
- earn a grade of ‘B’ (3.0) or better in all class/es required by articulation agreement
- complete all skills identified on college course competency
- Upon successful completion of all steps above as well as their high school teacher’s endorsement that the competency requirements have been met and, college credit will be granted.