Free Weekly Meal Boxes
Free Meals for All Children (0-18) on Wednesdays Through June 23
Free nutritious meals are available to all hybrid learning students, remote learning students, and children ages 0-18 on Wednesdays from 2:30-4:00 p.m. at select schools and bus stops across Kent School District (KSD) for the rest of the 2020-2021 school year.
Each small box (12 inches by 8 inches by 8 inches) contains meals for the days that school is in session that week. Most boxes will contain five breakfasts and lunches; however, the number of meals will be adjusted for holidays and non-school days because federal regulations allow meals to be provided for school days only.
Free School Year Meal Service Ends Wednesday, June 23
Wednesday, June 23, is the last day of meal service for the 2020-2021 school year. Free meals are not available the weeks of June 28 and July 5. As part of the summer meal program, free weekly meal boxes will be available again every Monday from July 12 through August 16.
Bus Stops (2:30-4:00 p.m.)
- 112th Avenue SE and 240th Place
- Alderbrook Apartments: 300 Novak Lane, Kent
- Allegro Apartment Homes: 17126 SE 269th Place, Covington
- Birch Creek: 12910 SE 273rd Street, Kent
- Central Flats Apartments: 1024 Central Avenue N, Kent
- Fairwood Landing Apartments: 14121 SE 177th Street, Renton
- Grandview Apartments: 3900 Veterans Drive, Kent
- Kent Garden Apartments: 21926 84th Ave S, Kent
- Kentwood Apartments: 22425 Benson Road SE, Kent
- Maple Lane Court Apartments: 1601 Maple Lane, Kent
- Park Place Apartments: 1406 Maple Lane, Kent
- Polaris Apartments Covington: 17110 SE 276th Street, Covington
- Silver Springs Apartments: 22416 88th Avenue S, Kent
- Soos Creek Mobile Estates: 15410 SE 272nd Street, Covington
- The Carriages Apartments: 15030 SE 179th Street, Renton
- Valli Kee Apartments: 23401 104th Avenue SE, Kent
- Valley Manor Mobile Homes: 856 Central Avenue S, Kent (look for the KSD van)
Schools (2:30-4:00 p.m.)
- Carriage Crest Elementary: 18235 140th Avenue SE, Renton
- Cedar Heights Middle School: 19640 SE 272nd Street, Covington
- Cedar Valley Elementary: 26500 Timberlane Way SE, Covington
- Covington Elementary: 25811 156th Avenue SE Covington
- East Hill Elementary: 9825 S 240th Street, Kent
- Emerald Park Elementary: 11800 SE 216th Street, Kent
- George T. Daniel Elementary: 11310 SE 248th Street, Kent
- Horizon Elementary: 27641 144th Avenue SE, Kent
- Kent Elementary: 24700 64th Avenue S, Kent
- Kent Academy: 11000 SE 264th Street, Kent
- Kent Valley Early Learning Center: 317 4th Avenue S, Kent
- Kent-Meridian High School: 10020 SE 256th Street, Kent
- Kentlake High School: 21401 SE 300th Street, Kent
- Kentridge High School: 12430 SE 208th Street, Kent
- Meadow Ridge Elementary: 27710 108th Avenue SE, Kent
- Mill Creek Middle School: 620 N Central Avenue, Kent
- Millennium Elementary: 11919 SE 270th Street, Kent
- Neely-O'Brien Elementary: 6300 S 236th Street, Kent
- Panther Lake Elementary: 10200 SE 216th Street, Kent
- Park Orchard Elementary: 11010 SE 232nd Street, Kent
- Scenic Hill Elementary: 26025 Woodland Way S, Kent
- Springbrook Elementary: 20035 100th Avenue SE, Kent
- Sunrise Elementary: 22300 132nd Ave SE, Kent
Practice Social Distancing & Wear a Mask
For the health and safety of all, please wear a mask and practice social distancing when picking up meals by staying at least six feet away from other people. Meals may not be consumed at the pick-up site. We all need to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Free Meals Provided in Partnership
The Summer Meals Program has been extended through the 2020-2021 school year to ensure all kids continue to eat free. Free meals are provided in partnership between Kent School District Nutrition Services, Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Apply for Free & Reduced-Price Meals
Meal boxes are free for all children and teens under age 18 for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year, but applying and qualifying for free and reduced-price meals has additional benefits like receiving Pandemic EBT assistance from the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
Additional Community Resources
Many community organizations provide food resources to families in need.
Free Snacks at School
Meals are not served to hybrid learning students when they are at school.
- Students should eat breakfast at home before school.
- Students will receive a free snack and a small water bottle at school.
- Students should eat lunch at home once they return.
Bring a Water Bottle
Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle with their name clearly marked on it.
Water fountains in school buildings will not be accessible due to COVID-19 health and safety measures.