Strategic Plan Steering Committees
Supporting the Strategic Plan Update Process
Kent School District Strategic Plan Steering Committees were assembled to support the strategic plan update process during the 2022-2023 school year. Committee members are tasked with making meaning of the input, feedback and ideas gathered through stakeholder engagement opportunities.
In partnership with district leaders in Superintendent’s Cabinet, these volunteer teams are responsible for:
- Producing an updated strategic plan that intentionally aligns goals, commitments, and systemwide supports.
- Establishing processes and indicators to monitor our progress towards our goals and the impact of the strategies used to achieve them.
- Engaging our community and stakeholders throughout the process, prioritizing input from students, teachers, and families.
- Creating accessible and relevant materials to foster the adoption and integration of the updated Strategic Plan into district operations.
They will achieve these outcomes by:
- Meeting regularly from March through May.
- Holding community conversation events.
- Visiting school buildings.
Strategic Plan Steering Committees are comprised of families, staff, School Board and community members who applied and were selected to serve in one of four goal-focused committees.
Goal 1: Preparing Students to be Global Citizens
Goal 2: Expanding Student, Family, and Community Partnerships
Goal 3: Building Equitable Systems and School Environments
Goal 4: Cultivating Inclusive Cultures and Diverse Communities
Read the Latest Notes
Strategic Plan Committees are committed to transparency and keeping students, families, staff, and community members engaged throughout the update process. Please review the team’s latest meeting to learn more about their important work and progress.